How to measure your ring size – Selecting the correct ring size can be a tricky task. In South Africa, we traditionally measure ring sizes by using letters of the alphabet. Below is a quick guide to help you measure your ring size:
- On warm days or during exercise, your fingers may be swollen – so it is advisable that you do not attempt to measure your finger size under these conditions.
- Cut a piece of string or a thin strip of paper.
- Wrap the piece of string / paper around the finger where you are planning to wear the ring.
- Make sure the string / paper is not too tight or too loose.
- Use a marker to draw a line on the string / paper where it completes the circle around your finger.
- Measure the string / paper with a ruler (in mm). This is the circumference of the ring.
- Use the converter table below to determine your ring size and order the ring size closest to what we have available.
- NB: Please bear in mind that broad rings will require extra width on your finger! We do not offer a ring sizing service, so it is to your advantage that you purchase the size closest to your measured finger size.
|Circumference (mm)||South African Alphabet Size|